Spoke is the website we use to text people. You can use Spoke on phones, tablets, or your computer. Create an account to get started.
Common Spoke Terms
- Campaign – the specific texting initiative, such as inviting people to an event or asking people if they’ll vote for a candidate.
- Contacts – the people you’ll text.
- Survey Question - the question we're asking folks; you'll record "Survey/Question Responses" to capture their answers.
- Canned Responses – pre-written texts you can send to answer common questions or responses (like wrong numbers).
- Tags – labels you can add to conversations to save particular information, such as "Wrong Number" and "Moved."
What You’ll Do in Spoke
- Send the first text to every contact.
- Reply to people who message you back – you’ll need to know how to record responses, tag, use canned responses, and opt people out.
If you aren’t familiar with Spoke or our texting guidelines, please take our new volunteer training to learn more!